Yes, why exactly?
1. (Because seriously, this is the main reason why) You can earn A LOT - you only have to work for a maximum of 4 hours a weekday, so it's technically a part-time job, with a full-time pay. You can study/work during days and earn at nights. You even earn more than minimum wage (see: salary for more details), and if you stick out for a month or two, you can increase your salary propotionately (up until a certain ceiling, which is, high). And unlike any other jobs with ballooning tax, RareJob only imposes 2% withholding tax, which is Php2.00 for every Php100.00 you make. Salary is deposited every 10th of the month, and you can even avail cash advances.
2. It's convenient - because you can 'head home' to work, not 'go to your freaking far, people-infested workplace'. It psychs you up and entices you with all the comforts of your home: your bed, all the food, your own bathroom. Also, this adds up to no travel costs, go figure.
3. It's flexible - because you can modify your schedule two days in advance. Feeling lazy? You can open just an hour or two in your schedule. Have an examination coming up? You can close it entirely. Going on a trip? You can close an entire week of slots. Want to spend all your hard-earned money during pay day? Then go. Always remember, you have to plan in advance, which doesn't really hurt.
4. It's easy - because you just have to teach English. The specifics of being an online tutor in RareJob are as follows:
4.1 You can teach from 7:00PM to 12:00MN (Philippine Time) everyday, with a maximum of 4 hours. In addition, you can open yor schedule during weekends at 8:00AM-11:00AM. If you do the math, in one week, you can work for a maximum of 34 hours*.
4.2 Every class is held for 25 minutes. So you have 25 minutes to teach and 5 minutes to eat/drink/go to the bathroom/send IMs to friends/check Facebook. So if you open your schedule for 4 hours, you have 8 open slots, in which the students will try to book until 5 minutes before the class starts. There is a possibility that you will have 8 different students in one night. It can also be less if they're not booked or if you have a student who booked you for more than 1 slot (50, 75, 100 minutes).
4.3 Every lesson can be conducted in different ways and the only thing you need is a good command of the English language. You should be able to make a conversation going: no dead airs, no stammering, no unnecessary noise-making. Because ultimately, they need to learn something from you so they would want to be your regular student. And you won't certainly run out of things to say for there are guides and modules that will help you along the way (see: lesson activity for more details).
5. It's EASY and FLEXIBLE and CONVENIENT and COMPENSATES YOU VERY WELL. Need I say more? :)
*Effective starting January 14, 2010, the 4-hour lesson limit will be removed. Tutors can then teach for 5 hours from 7PM-12MN if they prefer to. So the maximum time of teaching in a week is 41 hours. Translation: more opportunity to earn money! ;)